Historical Data wont combine with New data

Craigc3814

Board Regular
I am trying to bring some historical invoices into an invoicing tool that I built. I had the contractor send us all the historical files I created a new query just for those because it was missing some of the columns that our current data has. I got all the historical files into one spreadsheet and saved my work. I then copied the table, pasted it as values only and made it look like the current invoice data we get. When I drop it into my network folder I get this error

Expression.Error: The key didn't match any rows in the table.

Here is the query, I tried reading through other forums and taking others advice but it never seemed to be advice when combining multiple worksheets. I also understand that a new version of PQ exists to where I dont have to create the fnGetContents step but I have not had my version of excel updated yet.

let
Source = Folder.Files("W:\DATA\Operations\Procurement\Utility Locating Services\811 Invoices"),
#"Added Custom" = Table.AddColumn(Source, "Custom", each fnGetContents([Folder Path]&[Name])),
#"Removed Other Columns" = Table.SelectColumns(#"Added Custom",{"Custom"}),
#"Expanded Custom" = Table.ExpandTableColumn(#"Removed Other Columns", "Custom", {"request_no", "CDC", "type", "county", "township", "contractor", "address", "sortfullname", "workcode_id", "cost", "util_id", "transmit_date", "transmit_time", "dateofwork", "starttime", "endtime", "sba_desc", "workfor", "Caller", "WorkType", "DueDate", "PYPN_flag", "invoice_no", "dateofinv", "district", "Sales_Tax_City", "Sales_Tax_State"}, {"request_no", "CDC", "type", "county", "township", "contractor", "address", "sortfullname", "workcode_id", "cost", "util_id", "transmit_date", "transmit_time", "dateofwork", "starttime", "endtime", "sba_desc", "workfor", "Caller", "WorkType", "DueDate", "PYPN_flag", "invoice_no", "dateofinv", "district", "Sales_Tax_City", "Sales_Tax_State"}),
#"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Expanded Custom",{{"transmit_date", type date}, {"dateofwork", type date}, {"DueDate", type date}, {"dateofinv", type date}, {"starttime", type time}, {"endtime", type time}}),
#"Added Custom1" = Table.AddColumn(#"Changed Type", "Work Date - Transmit", each [dateofwork]-[transmit_date]),
#"Changed Type1" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Added Custom1",{{"Work Date - Transmit", Int64.Type}}),
#"Added Custom2" = Table.AddColumn(#"Changed Type1", "Work On Time", each if[DueDate]<[dateofwork] then "Late" else null)
in
#"Added Custom2"

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)
the error is triggered by dropping the new file into the network folder. It gets thrown on the step combining excel files from the folder or the FnGetGetContents. Once I drop the new file in I hit refresh, the error happens. If I remove that one file, then refresh the error goes away.

Upvote 0
Sorry for being pedantic. Ok, the error is caused by the refresh when the new file is already in the folder.

have you opened the new file and a file that works side by side to compare them? Check that the sheet names are the same too

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennimack

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back