- Client ID
- Client Name
- Partner ID
- Partner Name
- Primary Team Member ID
- Primary Team Member Name
- Secondary Team Member ID
- Secondary Team Member Name

Each row will have unique values for each column (i.e. a person cannot be in both Partner and Primary Team Member columns).

I need a Master Slicer that looks through the Partner Name, Primary Team Member Name, and Secondary Team Member Name columns and displays all rows/clients that person is assigned to.

Currently, my nested IF formula in PowerPivot looks at all 3 columns, but isn't returning all the correct results.

For example, Client A has John Smith assigned as Partner and Bob Jones assigned as Primary. Client B has Bob Jones assigned as Partner and John Smith as Primary. If I select "Bob Jones" in my master slicer, it is only returning Client B rather than both rows Client A and Client B.

Can PowerPivot do this or only VBA?

Cheers!

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December
The detail is not 100% clear but my guess is the last 6 columns are all your staff. Assuming so, i would delete all ID columns (unless you need them for something else), then unpivot the 3 staff columns so you have.

Client, Staff Type, Staff Name
abc, primary, jimmy
abd, secondary, John

Etc

then you can filter by anything you want

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks Matt. Are you saying that each client would then have 3 rows?

Client, Staff Type, Staff Name
Abc, inc., Partner, Jimmy
Abc, inc., Primary, John
Abc, inc., Secondary, Dave

I also have a "Notes" Column associated with each client. Would that data need to be copied into each new row? How do you easily transpose all of the Staff Type data into these new rows?

Upvote 0
If you have other data, i suggest put that into another table and join the one above and the new one to common lookup tables. Read my article here about multiple data tables. Multiple Data Tables in Power Pivot - Excelerator BI

You should used power query to shape your data. I have a video on my YouTube channel demonstrating how to unpivot.

I am developing power query training (still wip) but I have a free intro video that gives a broad overview of capabilities if you are interested. Http://xbi.com.au/pqt

Upvote 0
It doesn't matter if I have a lookup table for the ID or name and join it with master database in PowerPivot, my master slicer will not pick up the values in the other columns. Similarly, if I unpivot the data in Power Query and slice only on the one column with all unpivoted names, the slicer eliminates all the other team members for that client.

I need the slicer to return all the data on the row (Client Data and all team member data) when I select any team member's name. So, if I want to see all projects Joe is working on, I want the pivot to return Clients A, B, C, and E along with all the associated team members.
SAP Raw Data Client NumberSAP Raw Data Client NameClient Care Assigned Partner NameClient Care Primary Assigned Team Member NameClient Care Secondary Assigned Team Member Name
10069390Client AJoePhil Karen
10081086Client BBobJoePhil
10002875Client CJoeBobKaren
10000864Client DBobKarenPhil
10002081Client EJoePhilKaren

<tbody>
</tbody><colgroup><col><col><col><col><col></colgroup>

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back