Copy a Table or Visualization from Power BI to Excel or Word

SBWolfe_1954

Can someone tell me if it is possible to copy something from a Power BI document to either Excel or Word? I have the copy/paste function in Power BI but just seems to work there. As an example, I can copy a pie chart in Power BI but cannot paste it to Excel. :)

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result
No, you cant do that. If you have it in Powerbi.com, there is an export to PowerPoint preview feature.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks Matt. I looked at the export function in my version of Power BI and the only thing I can export to is another Power BI template. Is there something I need to turn on to allow exporting to PowerPoint?

Upvote 0
Okay, figured it out. Have to publish to Power BI and then it works. Thanks for the info, very much appreciated.

Upvote 0
I have one last question on this subject: When I export the Power BI file to a PowerPoint, can I send it to a template with a pre-formatted slide (company logo in the header, and corporate standards in the footer, etc...)? I have been able to download to PowerPoint and then go into presentation and redo each slide with the company/corporate info. I just thought there might be a quicker way to do it.

Upvote 0
You can change the template once the file is created. It is manul, but only a few clicks. You definitely don't need to change each slide. Just google Powerpoint templates - there is plenty of stuff out there.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joaquim_Baptista

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back