Current Totals vs Totals for Previous Year

SBWolfe_1954

I have a table which shows the total counts for customer name types for a specific time period in my Power BI worksheet.

Example: Have a filter which goes out and gets the counts for file period of Jan2017. I also have a column in the table that has the file period minus 1 year (previous year, or Jan2016). I have a slicer on this worksheet for the previous year. When I select (filter) the totals for Jan2017, the slicer works and shows Jan2016.

The question I have is how do I get the totals for Jan2016 into my report. I need to do a comparison on current vs. previous. I cannot figure how to pass Jan2016 to a separate count on customer name types.

The file period field is not a DATE field, rather a text field. I am not sure if this makes a difference. The file period column value of Jan2016 represents an expiration date between 1/1/2016 and 1/31/2016. The expiration date is part of the table.

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spenstar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back