Here are 30 reasons why you should be considering Power BI

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.
The software products are not the same. Where the language is the same they have used the same function name. eg SUM(). Where the language is different, there is a new name eg CALCULATE(). My advice is that a quick reference guide is not a substitute for learning Power Pivot from the beginning. If you learn from the beginning (reading my book or some other book), then by the time you are done you won't need the reference guide. If you were able to find a reference guide, you would get to a point (at some stage) where you no longer understand what is going on and you have to read the DAX book anyway. I have taught thousands of people the DAX language. Trust me, you need to start from the beginning at some stage, so why not now?

Hi Matt,

I understand your comments and I am in the process of learning all of it...... It would be so nice though to see similar functionality listed side by side in example: VLOOKUP then the DAX Function. Those of us who are out in the fields don't have the time to go through and do the research.

Just my humble opinion. Take it for what's it worth (maybe I will create one and post it)

Thanks for responding

Could someone out there write a book or something that shows you an Excel Function and what its DAX Counterpart is! I would buy it immediately
I was thinking the same exactly.

Matt, Good post! It's a great list to learn the actual reasons why a business should adopt Power BI for its business intelligence solution. I have begun frequently revisiting your site to discover more stuff about Power BI. Thank you.

I gasped when I saw support for running Python scripts in Power BI. But then saw that you need to copy/paste your Python script into the BI envorment... lol! A Python script running in BI's Advanced Editor, yey! Wait, you need to paste your Python script into the editor?! Lol!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benefuexx

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back