Power Query data source File.Contents

suxilo53

Dears,

I have a very stupid question. I tried to find a solution using search function but I didn't find anything

My question is:
How can I modify this code

Code:
let    Source = Excel.Workbook(File.Contents("C:\Users\ymitio\Desktop\...\my source file.xlsm"), null, true),
    T1_Sheet = Source{[Item="T1",Kind="Sheet"]}[Data],
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(T1_Sheet,{{"Column1", type text}, {"Column2", type text}, {"Column3", type any}, {"Column4", type text}, {"Column5", type text}, {"Column6", type any}, {"Column7", type text}, {"Column8", type text}, {"Column9", type any}, {"Column10", type any}, {"Column11", type any}, {"Column12", type any}, {"Column13", type any}, {"Column14", type text}, {"Column15", type any}, {"Column16", type any}, {"Column17", type text}, {"Column18", type any}, {"Column19", type any}, {"Column20", type text}, {"Column21", type any}, {"Column22", type any}, {"Column23", type text}, {"Column24", type any}, {"Column25", type any}, {"Column26", type text}, {"Column27", type any}, {"Column28", type any}, {"Column29", type text}, {"Column30", type any}, {"Column31", type any}, {"Column32", type any}, {"Column33", type any}, {"Column34", type any}, {"Column35", type any}, {"Column36", type any}, {"Column37", type any}, {"Column38", type any}, {"Column39", type any}, {"Column40", type text}, {"Column41", type text}, {"Column42", type any}, {"Column43", type any}, {"Column44", type any}, {"Column45", type any}, {"Column46", type any}, {"Column47", type any}, {"Column48", type any}, {"Column49", type any}, {"Column50", type any}, {"Column51", type any}, {"Column52", type any}, {"Column53", type any}, {"Column54", type any}, {"Column55", type any}, {"Column56", type any}, {"Column57", type any}, {"Column58", type any}, 

#"Filtered Rows"

considering that I have 2 files. My source file.xlsm where I have data and, in the same directory, an xls file where I set-up the query. I would like to configure the query to use a relative link and not all the path to the file.

Thanks a lot in advance for support...

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result
You can use the info_type "filename" of the CELL() function to get the name of your destination file along with the complete folder path where it is stored. You can then use LEFT() combined with SEARCH() to keep only the folder path.

If you use the formula inside a named range or a table, just select the cell and choose 'From Table' in the Power Query group of the Data tab in the menu ribbon. You will have a new query with the folder path. You can just right click on the value and choose 'Drill Down' to access the text value.

This way you could use FolderPath & "my source file.xlsm" as a dynamic reference to your source file (as long as it is in the same folder).

Excel 2016 (Windows) 64 bit
AB
1FilePathFolderPath
2C:\Users\Aconcagua\Google Drive\Excel\Forum\[FolderPath.xlsx]Hoja1C:\Users\Aconcagua\Google Drive\Excel\Forum\

<colgroup><col><col><col></colgroup><thead>
</thead><tbody>
</tbody>

Worksheet Formulas
CellFormula
A2=CELL( "filename", FilePath )
B2=LEFT( FilePath, SEARCH( "[", FilePath ) - 1 )

<thead>
</thead><tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>

Workbook Defined Names
NameRefers To
FilePath=Hoja1!$A$2

<thead>
</thead><tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>

The code for the FolderPath query is the following:
Code:
// FolderPath
let
    Source = Excel.CurrentWorkbook(){ [Name = "FolderPath"] }[Content], 
    FolderPath = Source{ 0 }[Column1]
in
    FolderPath

I hope it helps.

Upvote 0
Dear FranzV,

thanks a lot for your reply.
It's quite complicated for me your suggestion but I will try to apply it to my project...
I have to study a little bit more... :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Armadillos

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back