Board Regular
i mean, in sheet1 i have this:

aYVEjlO.png

in sheet2:
yrBuBgG.png

in sheet3:
ezWXSXl.png

my question is:

how can i use index/match across multiple sheets (even when new sheet is created, possible?) at sheet1 A1 (i have thousand lines in B column in reality)?

thank you all

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result
what formula are you using now? most formulas will stay across multiple sheets if additional sheets are added inbetween so you could make the last sheet not count IE nil return or zeros then insert new sheets just in front of that one

Upvote 0
what formula are you using now? most formulas will stay across multiple sheets if additional sheets are added inbetween so you could make the last sheet not count IE nil return or zeros then insert new sheets just in front of that one

im using index/match now, but i have to put name of sheet into the formula, im thinking of indirect, but i dont know how

Upvote 0
I do not know a way to use indirect with this function, how many sheets are we talking for a few you could do something like this

iferror(INDEX(Sheet2!B:B,MATCH(A2,Sheet2!A:A,0)),INDEX(Sheet3!B:B,MATCH(A2,Sheet3!A:A,0)))

Other than that I can offer no more, sorry, sometimes saying simple question doth not a simple answer return me thinks

Upvote 0
I do not know a way to use indirect with this function, how many sheets are we talking for a few you could do something like this

iferror(INDEX(Sheet2!B:B,MATCH(A2,Sheet2!A:A,0)),INDEX(Sheet3!B:B,MATCH(A2,Sheet3!A:A,0)))

Other than that I can offer no more, sorry, sometimes saying simple question doth not a simple answer return me thinks

i have somes but this way when new sheet is created, i will have to update the formula again

or any other formula do you think its possible?

thanks anyway tho

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I dont think there is any formula that knows a new sheet has been added and to update itself.

There may be a vba solution but I would not know how to do it sorry.

Good luck

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jin kazuya

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back