Data filtering using formulas > Openoffice formula does not work in excel

EvilC

Board Regular
Hello all,

I have used Openoffice Calc to make some reports. Now the company gave me excel to work with which i was excited about.
The problem is that some of my OO (OpenOffice) formulas don't do the trick anymore, and i'm not that great in formula debugging so thats why i turn to your expertise
m6zm3T_qaCifw-3rTfxmrKR7MZyKP3nQ7a8Bma0ZliUtYqJ_XqHjoT8_76BR_066oh3gpSrxaUUf4NujW2NjDYplCgIZ7WqfbRWpAwhTKT-w-pYve5dFI58PSeRxcmViTA

The following issue occurs:

1ABCDEFGHIJKLMNO
2Total contacts0FilteredTotal contacts0Filtered
3Telephone in4.54512TRUE#N/ATelephone in4.54512TRUE1Telephone in4545
4Work Order2.128FALSEWork Order2.128FALSE3Internet1259
5Internet1.259TRUEInternet1.259TRUE4Chat721
6Chat721TRUEChat721TRUE5E-mail532
7E-mail532TRUEE-mail532TRUE9Letter in2
8E-mail out238FALSEE-mail out238FALSE#N/A
9Letter out71FALSELetter out71FALSE#N/A
10Telephone out26FALSETelephone out26FALSE#N/A
11Letter in2TRUELetter in2TRUE#N/A
1200FALSE00FALSE#N/A
1300FALSE00FALSE#N/A
1400FALSE00FALSE#N/A

<tbody>
</tbody>

I extract data with two columns, Subject (A column) and Count (B column). I filter the subject and use: =OR(A3="Telephone in"; A3="Chat"; A3="Internet"; A3="E-Mail"; A3="Letter in") in D3. This gives met the TRUE or FALSE values. In E2 i used: =E2+MATCH(1;OFFSET($D$3;E2;0;$C$3-E2;1);0)where F2 is zero value. This returned the position of each TRUE value in the D column. After this i just need to copy the INDEX from the corresponding TRUE values into G column using: =IF(ISERROR(E3);"";INDEX(A$3:A$14;E3)).

Sothe problem here is the =E2+MATCH(1;OFFSET($E$3;E2;0;$D$3-E2;1);0) formula. Does anyone know what goes wrong here??

The I to O columns is what shows when working.

Hope someone can help me out here.

Regards,
Evil

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.
Is it possible that you state what the data is and what the outcome must be? The latter in words (not in formulas) and as result...

Upvote 0
First of all, nice to see you from The Hague, used to live there for 35 years....

What i want to do is filter out certain subjects and have them sorted in another column.

Upvote 0
To clarify, I want to filter the incomming contact, not the outgoing.... So from the A column i want to filter, Telephone In, E-mail, Internet, Chat and Letter in

Thx

Upvote 0
@ Aladin: Data extraction is column A:Source and column B:count. Now column a could look different depending on the extraction. Thats why i need to filter the source first. In above example column A and B are raw data. Column N adn O is what i need to see.

@ Andrew, can you tell me if there is another option to get all TRUE statements from column D in a ascending order?

Thanks for your help guys.

Upvote 0
You can use this formula in E3 copied down:

=E2+MATCH(TRUE,OFFSET($D$3,E2,0,$C$3-E2,1),0)

Foe what it's worth I don't think your formula would have worked in OpenOffice either. It seems you messed up your references somehow.

Upvote 0
=E2+MATCH(1;OFFSET($D$3;E2;0;$C$3-E2;1);0) was the working formula i see that in my original post there was something wrong yes.

Hmm it seems that in excel the value 1 in MATCH is not seen as true.....

@Andrew, i think you cracked it. TY Quick question: I use 2013 version and it seems to want ; as seperators instead of , Is this new?

Regards,
Evil

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RExcelSearch

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back