Highlight

haleem100

Board Regular
I have a excel spreadhseet, where in I have two products namely DCE and RF, which are in Column A, under neath those are some rows, which I need hilighted. But if the row is empty, I dont want it to be filled with a color,
So for example
Row 50 - has the word DCE and under neath it has 4 rows, then one blank and another 4 and so on
After about 100 rows, there is another product RF, and it has the same scenario
I have two spreadhsheet like this, but the 2nd spreadhseet has the same product but in different rows. How can I do that

Any guidance would be appreaciated

Thanks

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.
Yes, But I am more looking for a MAcro that can do it
The color introduced by Conditional Formatting does not physically change the fill color of the cell(s) it applies to whereas coloring done by a macro would. You said "..if the row is empty, I dont want it to be filled with a color..", so how did you want to highlight the cell(s) if not by Conditional Formatting or interior coloring?

Upvote 0
That is what I am asking. Is there a easy way to do it. I can show up thru an attachment what I am looking for, if that would help

Upvote 0
That is what I am asking. Is there a easy way to do it. I can show up thru an attachment what I am looking for, if that would help
Easy way to do what? If you are insisting on coloring the cell, you have the restriction that macros physically color cells. Since you do not want to do that, you must tell us what alternative you want... you can't ask us what you should use as we have no idea what alternative you would want.

Upvote 0
I want macro to physically color cells
Okay, I think I see what you are asking for... you want to physically color cells with data but not color any cells within the products range of cells that are blank... is that what you are asking for?

Also, from your description, it sounds like your product names are in the same column with your data. Is that correct? If so, how do we tell whether a cell contains a product name or data?

Upvote 0
Yes Rick that is correct.
So let me rephrase my description again
There are three products
The 1st Product is in Row 4 Column A, then it is followed by the products from 4 to 30
The 2nd product starts in Row 32 in column A, then it is followed by that same product from 32 to 70

This is for the 1st sheet, 2nd sheet is the same but the only difference is the 1st product is now from 4 to 40 and 2nd is from 42 to 60

Hope this helps

Upvote 0
Yes Rick that is correct.
So let me rephrase my description again
There are three products
The 1st Product is in Row 4 Column A, then it is followed by the products from 4 to 30
The 2nd product starts in Row 32 in column A, then it is followed by that same product from 32 to 70

This is for the 1st sheet, 2nd sheet is the same but the only difference is the 1st product is now from 4 to 40 and 2nd is from 42 to 60
Do you only have two products and no more (that is, is here a 3rd product starting at Row 72 on the first sheet and 62 on the second sheet)?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back