Create New File with Name from Cell in Same Folder

tradeshowtom

I'm hoping someone out there can help with this.

I have a workbook with a sheet I want to save as a new, separate workbook of its own. I want the new file to be named by a specific cell in another tab of the original workbook and the new workbook needs to be either in the same directory as the original or in a new folder with the same name as the new workbook.

One last trick would be to create a link to the new workbook in the original workbook allowing me to open the new workbook from the original once created.

So,

Click a button
  1. New workbook created based on a specific cell in another tab in the original workbook with name dictated by
    1. A specified cell in another tab of the original workbook

or
    2. Require the user to specify a name (Preferably 3 criteria) (I have a specific file naming scheme I'm going for consisting of "Date_Client_Show")
  2. Once the new file is created it will look and act like the tab it was based on.
  3. The new file with either be in the same folder as the original workbook or, preferably, in a new folder named the same as the new workbook.
  4. Finally, a link to the new file is added to the original workbook in a tab with the cell being the first open cell of an existing list.

I know that's a lot to ask for but I'd like to know if it's possible.

Thank you.

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oculus

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back