Not to Be Missed!
Bill "MrExcel" Jelen 8 CPE Seminar Including Intro to Power Query & Power Pivot
To see a list of upcoming seminars click here!
SEE THE TESTIMONIALS
Excellent, relevant and very helpful.
Outstanding! The time flew by.
Awesome topic – I really gained a lot of practical tips.
Great seminar, learned useful tips for using Excel more efficiently. Great presenter!
I could have spent all day at this session. It was so helpful, Bill is a great speaker!
I would attend an Excel class with Mr. Jelen in a minute.
I loved this session, even as an advanced user of Excel I still learned some great tips. Bring Bill back next year.
His fast paced presentation gives the class a quick learning tool that helps.
Best session of the day, by far.
Morning Course Description:
Power Excel usually 8:30 AM to Noon
You use Excel 40 hours a week, but do you really know how to unleash the power of Excel? Learn cool secrets and tricks lurking on the Data menu. Learn the ins and outs of Pivot Tables (from the guy who wrote the book on pivot tables!). Create slick charts in a single button click. Add thousands of subtotals in seconds. Don’t be tortured by bad data any longer. Participants in the seminar will receive a copy of Jelen’s book, MrExcel LIVe – 54 Greatest Excel Tips. Jelen loves new questions and will incorporate them in the seminar. Send your Excel questions in advance via e-mail or bring them to the seminar. Jelen promises, “If you use Excel 40 hours per week, you will save 50 hours each year by attending this seminar!”
Advanced Data Analysis 1:00 PM to 4:30 PM
This class will go into more details about pivot tables. Learn how to take poorly formatted data and convert it to data suitable for pivot tables. Use VLOOKUP to match two lists. Understand new tools such as Power Pivot, Power Query and Power Map. See how to use Pivot Tables for frequency distributions, true Top 10 reports, Pareto analyses. Participants receive the book Power Excel with MrExcel – 617 Excel Mysteries Solved.
- Laptops are not required for courses with Bill Jelen. Bill advises, "this is a fairly fast-paced lecture-style course in how to become more efficient in Excel. You will get more out of the course by watching the demonstrations and taking notes than by trying to follow along. If you are working on your own laptop, you will miss something when you look down." Whether you bring a laptop or not, Bill will provide a handout with a link so you can download all of the sample files when you get back to the office. Note: If you do bring a laptop, consider an extension cord to reach the nearest outlet.
- Book - Power Excel with MrExcel - 617 Excel Mysteries Solved
- * VALUE -includes 8 CPE, two(2) books to take home
- ** For Regular and Heavy Users of Excel - CFO's, Analysts, Accountants, Marketers, Finance, Insurance - versions 2016, 2013, & 2010 will be discussed.
- *** CPE is eligible for many certifications including CMA, CPA, CIA, CGFO and more. Many IMA members apply this CPE from IMA to meet requirements for a variety of certifications.
About the Speaker:
Bill Jelen, aka MrExcel, Excel Speaker and Trainer
Speaker Bio: Bill Jelen is the host of MrExcel.com and the author of fifty-four books on Microsoft Excel including Pivot Table Data Crunching, Excel Gurus Gone Wild, and PowerPivot for the Excel Data Analyst. He has made over 80 guest appearances on TV’s Call for Help with Leo Laporte and was voted guest of the year on the Computer America radio show. His daily video podcast Learn Excel from MrExcel is a top 50 tech video podcast on iTunes. Bill will entertain you while showing you the powerful tricks in Excel. Before founding MrExcel.com in 1998, Jelen spent twelve years “in the trenches”, as a financial analyst for the accounting, finance, marketing, and operations departments of a publicly held company. Since then, his company automates Excel reports for hundreds of clients around the world.