Pivot Table Data Crunching: Microsoft Excel 2010
Summarize Excel Data in a Few Clicks Using Pivot Tables
PivotTables may be Excel's most powerful feature, but Microsoft has estimated that only 15% of Excel users take advantage of them. That's because PivotTables (and their companion feature, PivotCharts) have a reputation for being difficult to learn. Not any more! In this book, Excel legends Bill Jelen ("MrExcel") and Michael Alexander teach PivotTables and PivotCharts step-by-step, using realistic business scenarios that any Excel user can intuitively understand.
- Paperback: 384 Pages
- Publisher: QUE
- Print ISBN: 978-07897-4313-8
Jelen and Alexander go far beyond merely explaining PivotTables and PivotCharts: they present practical "recipes" for solving a wide range of business problems. Drawing on more than 30 combined years of Excel experience, they provide tips and tricks you won't find anywhere else, and show exactly how to sidestep common mistakes. Coverage includes: " Creating PivotTables, customizing them, and changing the way you view them " Performing calculations within PivotTables " Using PivotCharts and other visualizations " Analyzing multiple data sources with PivotTables " Sharing PivotTables with others " Working with and analyzing OLAP data " Making the most of Excel 2010's powerful new PowerPivot feature " Using Excel 2010's Slicer to dynamically filter PivotTables " Enhancing PivotTables with macros and VBA code This book is part of the new MrExcel Library series, edited by Bill Jelen, world-renowned Excel expert and host of the enormously popular Excel help site, MrExcel.com.
- Teaches PivotTables, PivotCharts, and Excel 2010's new PowerPivot feature through real-world scenarios that make intuitive sense to users at all levels.
- Includes proven PivotTable recipes for instant on-the-job results.
- Helps Excel users avoid common pitfalls and mistakes.
- Part of the brand-new MrExcel Library series, edited by Excel legend Bill Jelen.
About MrExcel Library
Every book in the MrExcel Library pinpoints a specific set of crucial Excel tasks and presents focused skills and examples for performing them rapidly and effectively. Selected by Bill Jelen, Microsoft Excel MVP and mastermind behind the leading Excel solutions website MrExcel.com, these books will
- Dramatically increase your productivity—saving you 50 hours a year or more
- Present proven, creative strategies for solving real-world problems
- Show you how to get great results, no matter how much data you have
- Help you avoid critical mistakes that even experienced users make
- Chapter 1 - Pivot Table Fundamentals
- Chapter 2 - Creating Basic Pivot Table
- Chapter 3 - Customizing a Pivot Table
- Chapter 4 - Controlling the Way you View your PivotTable
- Chapter 5 - Performing Calculations Within your PivotTables
- Chapter 6 - Using Pivot Charts and Other Visualizations
- Chapter 7 - Analyzing Disparate Data Sources with PivotTables
- Chapter 8 - Sharing PivotTables with Others
- Chapter 9 - Working With and Analyzing OLAP Data
- Chapter 10 - PowerPivot
- Chapter 11 - Enhancing PivotTables with Macros
- Chapter 12 - Using VBA to Create Pivot Tables
- Chapter 13 - Advanced PivotTable Tips and Tricks
- Chapter 14 - Using GetPivotData
- Appendix - Finding PivotTable Commands on the Ribbon