m986

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. MacOS
Hello, I need to make a spreadsheet about exports by type of product for every year (rows=type of product, columns=year). Rows have to be ordered according to the latest year data, example:
Product20202021
Cars35
Plastic62
Silver11

The problem is, whenever I have data for a new year, it will come in a different order than the previous one, and I will have to add each product in its corresponding row and then order it all again. Is there a way to establish a correspondence between the product label and the data so when I insert new information in different order it automatically goes to its corresponding row?

I don't know if I've explained myself correctly. Please if you can give me a detailed step by step response it would be much appreciated because I'm not very good at excel. Thanks!!!!!!!

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)
If you're only doing it once a year, I'd probably put an autofilter on (and leave it there) (select all of the top row, on the ribbon goto Home, Editing, Sort & Filter, Filter). This will put the dropdown button on the top rows. Sort both lists by Product and copy the count column from the new sheet insert the column into the summary. You can then sort by the latest year data.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonnaRisso

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back