After running macro(VBA), 1 extra click is required to make Hyperlink-Reference work

JohannesTA

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi Guys,

General Question.

I created a small "dynamic" Excel project with Office Plus 2021, without using a User-form. (I'm learning to work with VBA and excel in general)

In my sheets I have inserted Shapes and ActiveX-Controls.

The Shapes I provided with hyperlink references to jump to a corresponding sheet after selection.
The ActiveX Controls (such as command buttons) perform various other simple tasks by running macro's.

After using the hyperlink-reference, I can run a macro, all by 1 click of the mouse,

After running a macro, there is one click extra needed, to make the hyperlink-references work again, e.g. clicking an empty cell in my sheet

Is it possible to prevent that extra click. (Its somewhat important for this little project to use very little actions)

With regards,

Johannes
Netherlands

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
After rethinking, I found a simple solution and assigned the macro to a shape as well.

It seems that the extra step is only necessary when using a control and running a macro.
Then you need to that extra click in a cell in your sheet to use your shapes with hyperlink references again.

Cheers,

Johannes
Netherlands

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mwdbActuary

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back