Auto delete cell info after fixed time period

ConfusedRob

Office Version
  1. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Mobile
Hey everyone,

My first post here, I would like to say that I am by no means a programming well.. anything and that I have really tried to sort this out myself but I am now truly lost.

We run a school and are trying to develop an easy to follow task completion system for our staff to follow. I've checked out paid options like Monday.com, Asana etc but they are both expensive and more complicated than what our needs dictate.

I therefore created a google sheet, (example here Template Example) using one of the templates available from Google. I've created a separate one for each of our staff members and its more or less perfect. We protect all the ranges with the exception of the little tick boxes and it's easy to track and see who's done what and when. My only issue is creating tasks that need to be repeated on a regular bases ie, a weekly task that has to happen every Monday. Going through each sheet to untick each task for each staff member has become very time consuming. I've done a fair amount of research and tried my hand at setting up the macros etc but keep on screwing it all up.

I'd like to know if there is a way I can just get the 'ticks' in the completed tasks to clear at preset intervals? I know its possible to do it daily. I have a new tab allocated at the bottom of the sheet for each type of interval (daily, weekly, monthly). The general tab is there for once off tasks that need to be completed.

Can any one help or advise me on how to set up the above system? I'd be most grateful, I did go through the following thread but got pretty lost, Auto delete info of a cell after 24 hours [SOLVED].

Many thanks,
Rob

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.
Hi & welcome to MrExcel.
There is no point in looking at VBA macros, as they don't work in Google sheets. Google uses it's own language, so you would be better off posting to a Google based site, rather than an Excel based one.

Upvote 0
Hi & welcome to MrExcel.
There is no point in looking at VBA macros, as they don't work in Google sheets. Google uses it's own language, so you would be better off posting to a Google based site, rather than an Excel based one.
Thank you so much Fluff! Do you have any recommendation of Sheets Forums? I've posted to Google's Sheets support community and Reddit but haven't had much luck in that regard.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andz

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back