Bookkeeping for small business

esamuel

Hi there,

I need a simple excel worksheet that can help me keep track of money sent from my business account to my personal and all the purchases I make through my business account. purchases wont be items sold by the business just items I can buy through it for tax purposes, such as new equipment, fuel, etc. Something that shows, date, details, amount, whats it for, etc.

Does anyone have a simplified worksheet they know of or made themselves that they are willing to share?

I can make one quite simply i'm sure, but thought Id see if any other had one that will probably have a few neat tricks I would be abel to make.

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
I would say the CheckBook Register templates that are available would be your best start. use "register" as template search term.
You could get a lot fancier if using Access (if available). see template "Desktop Business Account"
But you mention new Equipment.... As book keeping goes you can record that in a checkbook register, but asset tracking (and depreciation) can be a whole other issue.

You could go to QuickBooks (eventually). Whether Access or QuickBooks, you might not start using right away except as a learning experiment. And just stick with the accounting registers.

Upvote 0
I use Quicken Home & Business and it works fine (and it's tax deductible). It's a lot easier than trying to recreate the wheel with Excel.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ravioli44

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back