Consolidation: 3 Separate Lists Contacts That Have Partial Match but no Unique ID to merge rows.

Atlanta

Hi Folks,

So today I was thrown a curve ball on a project I'm working on. I Have 3 sheets of contacts from 3 different vendors which are all different sizes. These Sheets have very little overlap besides a few columns..."FULL NAME", "COMPANY NAME","ADDRESS LINE 1" and maybe a few other columns. But there is roughly 175 columns where there is no over lap at all. I've managed to consolidate the 3 sheets all into one sheet and sort the Contacts A>Z. This spreadsheet is now roughly 20,000 rows x 180 columns.

In Total there should only be around 11,000 of unique contacts.

The problem I am having now is that since I stacked 3 separate sheets on top of each other into 1 sheet, I now have 3 Rows x 175 Columns for many of my contacts with each of the 3 lines containing delicate information.

for example:

NAMECompanyAddressInterestDesignationSpecialty
TOM SMITHWALLMART123 STREETDR
TOM SMITHWALLMART123 ST.CRC
TOM SMITHWALLMART,INC123 STREETFOOD

<tbody>
</tbody>

Basically I have 8000 contacts listed 3 times each for a total of 20,000 lines...

I can't remove duplicates because each line contains sensative information that I want to merge.

So if we are looking at the table above .. I would want my final output to look like this
NAMECOMPANYADDRESSINTERESTDESIGNATIONSPECIALTY
TOM SMITHWALLMART,INC123 ST.CRCDRFOOD

<tbody>
</tbody>

I have each line color coded so since they are stacked I can differentiate which list they came from. I would like for the argument to be if a column contains information in all three rows that the "Blue" row wins.

If I haven't lost you guys by now.. I have attached a small scale sample of my workbook (9 rows) x ( 180 Columns)

Here is a link to what its current state is on sheet 1 on sheet two is my desired format!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kal9q0pizyoy0h6/REQUEST FOR HELP.xlsx?dl=0

PS. i dont have any way to differentiate a difference between tom smith from tx and.. tom smith from NY. I need to find a way to group these contacts together through some sort of relationship. becausec the current way I have it stacked. there is 9 lines of tom smith, but in reality its 3 different guys names tom smith who live in three different states work at different companies.

I'm not the best at explaining things as this post has taken me over 1 hr to create. But feel free to ask me for additional information if you need it!

Im on a PC, Excel 2013, Windows 7

PLEASE PLEASE feel free to ask me to elaborate more.

Thanks guys!

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
choy96

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back