Copying conditional format rules to another row

slopez94

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello, everyone.

I currently have conditional formatting highlight rules in column D, the rules are to highlight the cell yellow if the number in the cell is 75% or more of the value of the cell beside it on row E, highlight orange if greater than 90%, and highlight red if greater than.

The problem I am having is that when I copy the table and paste it beside the existing table, it is keeping the existing conditional formatting rule from the original cell. In the example below, K2 should be orange because it is greater than 90% of L2, but it is red because D2 is greater than E2 and when copying that table over the rules are still looking at row D & E.

The first table will serve as a template with conditional formatting, I would like to be able to keep pasting tables beside each other but I would like for the conditional formatting to now acknowledge the value of the newly assigned rows rather than the original rows. Can anyone help?

I greatly appreciate the help.

1687268732331.png

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.
Assuming that your using a formula to define the CF I suspect that the rules have absolute references rather than relative. Remove relevant '$' and recopy and it should work. Post a copy of the formula's if that doesn't solve the problem.

Upvote 0
Solution
Assuming that your using a formula to define the CF I suspect that the rules have absolute references rather than relative. Remove relevant '$' and recopy and it should work. Post a copy of the formula's if that doesn't solve the problem.

That worked! I was using formulas and the formulas were pulling absolute value, I removed the $ from the formulas and it is working perfect now. Thank you so much!

1687271447032.png

Upvote 0
my pleasure, happy to help. grateful if you could mark it as the answer.

Regards

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Doanvanhieu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back