Creating a Graph/Chart needing TWO secondary axis options for a combination of Clustered and Stacked Graph Columns

OrangeJuice

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Chart/Graph Question
Below is my problem and at the bottom is the workaround I did by creating 3 separate graphs and trying to stack them on top of each other but as you can see, the formatting isnt perfectly aligned. I have spent hours on this and would really love any help you can provide!!

Graph Requirements (see sample below)
I want to have the Y axis be %, the X axis be year and for each year on the X axis I want 3 columns, the first column will be clustered and made up of CMG, the second column will be stacked and made up of CSA (not AJ) and CSA (AJ), the third column will be stacked and be made up of I-IMG (not AJ) and I-IMG (AJ)

What I have tried:
Attempt #1

Select Your Data:

Insert a Clustered Column Chart:

Select the entire data range. Go to the "Insert" tab in the Excel ribbon. Click on "Column Chart" in the Charts group. Choose "Clustered Column." Adjust the Chart Type for Stacking:

Click on the chart to select it. Go to the "Chart Design" tab in the ribbon. Click on "Select Data" to open the "Select Data Source" dialog box. Add Series for Stacking:

Click on the "Add" button. Enter a name for the series (e.g., "CSA"). For the series values, select the data in columns C and D (CSA (not AJ) and CSA (AJ)). Click "OK" to close the dialog. Add Another Series for Stacking:

Click on the "Add" button again. Enter a name for the series (e.g., "I-IMG"). For the series values, select the data in columns E and F (I-IMG (not AJ) and I-IMG (AJ)). Click "OK" to close the dialog. Format the Chart:

Right-click on the chart elements to format them. Customize the colors, legends, and other formatting options as needed. Adjust the Y-axis to show percentages. Now, you should have a chart with each year on the X-axis, and for each year, three columns: CMG (clustered), CSA (stacked), and I-IMG (stacked).

Error Message I got:

The reference is not valid. References for titles, values, sizes or data labels must ba single cell, row or column

Attempt #2
I then followed the advice of this youtube video:

But as you can see in the attached, it really isnt very polished.

Graph Sample.png

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Hughes

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back