Creating deadlines/due dates with alerts in excel

cesare_borgia

Hello Everyone (well those of you reading this),

I have a problem which has been rattling my brain for the last 2 weeks.

I've tried so many times to resolve the problem myself however I am simply not that smart enough despite watching a number of excel tutorials.

Now the problem

I'm a manager of a business and at the moment my employees are working with excel recording client details along with what work they do on a daily basis so I can track their progress and review their work, we have a number of management spftwares however we are always having problems with them.

I've created a database for my employees which basically records the crucial info like clients name and reference number and a drop down list which contains a number of tasks which my employees have completed in relation to that client, one task in the drop down list for example is "Claim Submitted".

I basically need the excel database to create a deadline date automatically based on the task selected from the drop down list.

So if I select Claim Submitted I need the database to create a due date. I need my employees for example to see the generated deadline and i then need them to chase up the case in the next 3 days from they day they were submitted.

So Claim Submitted + 3 days needs to give me a deadline in a separate column

that deadline then needs to display a warning message say 1 day before the deadline so the workers no they need to work on that file

and if they fail to work on that case/file in time the entire row goes red

I cant even figure out out to create this formula function let alone have the deadline date generate different deadlines for different tasks.

for example another task in the task list is article 75 i would need the database to generate a due date 10 days (rather then 3 days as its no longer urgent) based on the selection of the article 75 task

so the deadlines generated need to be dependent upon which task is selected

which is even more mind-boggling for me

even if you can provide a little bit of help it would be most appreciated

without a working database my employees are running around like headless chickens missing deadlines causing me major problems

thank you everyone

best wishes

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cryss1988

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back