Date Picker on User Form (Excel 2003) - not available on OH's laptop!

cedricthecat

Hi folks

I've just spent a few weeks developing a Workbook for our business. It's mainly based on VBA and User Forms rather than formulas. Only the two of us will be using it (myself and my Other Half). I used a Date Picker as OH asked for this function. Had to load this control when creating one of the forms.

I've just sent it to her and her machine doesn't have the Date Picker, so we've just been trying to install it. I have a nasty feeling that it's not going to work as we've just realised that her machine is running a 64-bit OS!

We're both using Excel 2003 (11.8404.8405) but I'm running Vista on a 32-bit system, and she is running Windows 10 on a 64-bit.

Does anyone know if it's possible to run the "Microsoft Date and Time Picker Control 6.0 (SP4)" onto the Windows 10/64-bit machine? If not, is there any other tool that will do the same job?

I can obviously re-do the forms to have manual date entry, but I have a nasty feeling from stuff I've just been reading about this, that Active-X controls are not going to work at all, which could mean that the whole User Form (or rather forms) is useless!

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give!

Excel Facts

Will the fill handle fill 1, 2, 3?
Yes! Type 1 in a cell. Hold down Ctrl while you drag the fill handle.
Microsoft fiddled around from version to version with regards to this.
A user form could make it not matter what version of Excel you have.
Have a look at the discussions here.
I like Trevor Eyres' simplest version.
There is a link to download an .xlsm that contains all you need to know.

Upvote 0
Cheers NoSparks!

Problem is, I'm trying to get the Date Picker to work on a User Form but can't get OH's machine to run the element :( Same version of Excel on both machines, but Vista/32-bit on one W10/64-bit on the other. I've had a look around the forum (always try to do a search before posting) but haven't found anything to help yet. Need to look again methinks....

Upvote 0
does she have Access installed (both of you) earlier versions put in calendar controls in relation to that programme

Upvote 0
Interesting! I have Access 2007 on mine, but when I recently created this Workbook, didn't have the Date Picker tool. When I installed it, I assumed it came from my Excel 2003 install, but guess it might have been Access!

I'll did the discs out and get Access onto OH's machine (she's just checked and didn't install that when she did Excel) :)

Upvote 0
Eventually got this sorted! Took two days to find the installation discs, "installed" Access and..... it didn't show as being installed! :(

So, went back to copying the mscomct2.ocx from System32 on my machine to System32 on OH's machine, and running the manual registration following instructions from MS site. This failed.... Then found a link suggesting it should in SysWOW as the target machine is 64-bit. Ran the registration again but again failed..... Finally found that we needed an elevated command prompt to run cmd as Administrator and..... it worked!

Thank goodness for that!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nic0la

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back