Dropdown menu with dropdowns inside which supports multiple selections

hermesalpha

How can I make a dropdown menu in Excel with dropdowns inside it which supports multiple selections and finally summarises and displays the total?

I found this discussion on this subject:

A dropdown menu who have dropdown's inside (Bootstrap-navbar) for tablet - Stack Overflow

(It's for tablets though, I would use these dropdown menues on a Windows 7 computer.)

The 9 alternatives that should be possible to choose (several alternatives possible to choose at the same time with CTRL + leftclick) are these ("Hästtyp" is the heading inside the dropdown menu):

Hästtyp:
1. Hästen satt fast i sitt senaste lopp (vilket kan ge hästen en extraväxel både fysiskt och psykiskt) (3 points/2 points/1 point)
2. Andra starten efter vila med en bra prestation i den första starten (3 points/2 points)
3. I stoeliten vinns 94 procent av loppen av hästar rankade 1-5 (4 points)
4. I klass I med volt på 2640 m vinner hästar rankade 1-7 ca 92 procent av loppen (4 points)
5. Klass I med auto över kort vinner 60 procent av hästarna med spåren 2, 4 och 5 (3.5 points)
6. I gulddivisionen vinner oftast hästar rankade 1-4 (3.5 points)
7. Hästen har en flack aktion och banan blir troligen något tung eller tung eller så är det risk för tjällossning (3 points/4 points/4.5 points)
8. Stor möjlighet att få rygg på ledaren på en open stretch-bana (4 points/5 points)
9. Tränarens kuskval kontra faktisk kusk (-2; -1; 1; 2)

For each alternative there should be another dropdown menu with values like above (3 points/2 points/1 point) so I can choose how many points to award to that alternative (if I choose the alternative).

The choices I have made should be highlighted in blue after I have CTRL + leftclicked and when leaving the dropdown menues the total sum of all values should be displayed in that cell.

The cell is not large (standard size), so probably the text when the cell is selected/hovered over would need to be superimposed/overrunning on the surrounding cells.

Here is an example how it looks like: Example - CCAFredrikPettersson's library

Excel Facts

Did you know Excel offers Filter by Selection?
Add the AutoFilter icon to the Quick Access Toolbar. Select a cell containing Apple, click AutoFilter, and you will get all rows with Apple

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jesski

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back