Error code 5 when running excel macro

chrisbottomley1981

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Morning,

Myself and many other colleagues have been running a xlam file with Macro, however a new colleague is reporting back Error code 5.

As Microsoft says, an Invalid Procedure Call Or Argument (Error 5) occurs when you have a specified value that is out of the range of the argument or you are using a procedure that is not available in the current Excel platform

I don't understand though, myself and other colleagues have been running the file for years and without the error, so we know it works, yet this new user is getting the error.

Could this possibly be a network access issue for the new user? IE: if they don't have access to a referencing file on a network linked to the process, then the error will occur?

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes
That depends. I have a Financial spread sheet I built back in 2006. Over the years i have had the odd error message.
since i use it all the time i know what to expect. When a new user uses it, they usually find errors in your code by doing things differently that you never thought to code.
I would ask your new user exactly when the error occurs so you can find it in your code.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mystic19

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back