excel graph - select data points on line graph and return its corresponding vaue

VISHAL KAPASI

Hi Everyone,

Greetings for the day..

Well, I have a simple line chart, and I want to select any two data points of line, and wants in return its corresponding value.

For example, my 11 different points are below. Simple line graph can be drawn connecting these data points. When I click on any data point on the line, graph I want to know its respective X and Y axis value.

Let’s say, I select 3rd data point on the line graph, so I should get its X and Y axis value (here time and price) as 9:32 and 8506. The user can select two data points, and I want both data points value in return.

Thank you All.

Sr. No.
TIME
PRICE
9:30
9:31
9:32
9:33
9:34
9:35
9:36
9:37
9:38
9:39
9:40

<tbody>
</tbody>

Regards,
Vishal

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.
Dear All,

Just to give more clarity about my output required, I am giving below example. Pls go through it.</SPAN>

I want the chosen data points' X and Y axis value to get populated in a table. So, when I select first data point, I want its value in First chosen data point. When I select second data point of graph, I want its value in 2nd chosen point in table.

For example, I have selected 3rd data point first, and then I selected 6th data point. So my output table should populate both the data point' value as below.

Output Table:</SPAN>

My out put table should be as below.
</SPAN>
Data point</SPAN>
X axis value</SPAN>
Y axis value</SPAN>
First chosen</SPAN>
09:32</SPAN>
8506</SPAN>
Second chosen</SPAN>
09:35</SPAN>
8491</SPAN>

<TBODY>
</TBODY>

Upvote 0
Ok. Now that is something different.
Still a few questions.
1. Is that line graph is based on some source data base?
2. Will the selection always be in the chronological order? I mean is it okay if First selection could be 6th point and second could be 3rd point..

I am just trying to understand purpose of this entire exercise..

Upvote 0
Dear Shrikant,

Yes surely, I would answer to your curiosity. The purpose of this exercise is to let the user know the return i.e.diff. between two data point's price (Y axis) as per his entry and exit (first and second data) points with respective time lines (X axis values).

Now, I would answer to above 2 questions.

1. Yes, the line graph is based on source data base. In above example, 11 data points are source for plotting line graph.

2. Yes, the selection will be chronological order. As first point (entry point) will be ahead of 2nd data point (exit point).

Hope, you get the purpose behind this exercise.

Will appreciate if you could help me achieve desired result.

Thanks & Regards,
Vishal Kapasi

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chislobog

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back