Filter date range to last 365 days (Pivot Table)

LeonardH

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello and thanks in advance!

I am attempting to filter a date range in a pivot table to the last 365 days of data input. I need the range to be dynamic rather than set dates for the reason that dashboard charts are based on that timeframe. I would prefer that other's don't have to continually update the date range.

The only options I'm seeing currently when selecting filters do not include last 365 days.

The spreadsheet is online, so macros are not an option...

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
If you can add a formula alongside the data, perhaps you can use it to generate True/False whether or not the date is in the range you want it to filter for. You can then set a permanent filter for that column.

Upvote 0
If you can add a formula alongside the data, perhaps you can use it to generate True/False whether or not the date is in the range you want it to filter for. You can then set a permanent filter for that column.
I figured it out, but maybe this is what you are talking about?

After selecting the appropriate PivotChart, I selected "Fields, Items, & Sets" from the PivotChart Analyze tab. I then inserted a Calculated Field. My pivot table already includes a column for the date. So, the formula I added was =Date-365 ("Date" being the field for that column).

Afterwards I had to redo the structure of the pivot table as well to filter it properly. I'm not 100% sure why this worked or the mechanics behind the calculated field. But, the chart is now displaying the last year's worth of data.

Thanks!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fragment

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back