Forced to discard digital signature after opening and immediately saving an Macro-Enabled Excel file

JDCreate

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi all, so recently I've made some changes to a .xlsm Excel file and then digitally signed it.

I then opened the .xlsm Excel file and saved [CTRL + S] immediately without doing anything. An error message saying that "You have modified a signed project. You do not have the correct key to sign this project. The signature will be discarded. ..."

This is very puzzling as I did not make any changes to the macros at all between opening and saving the file. I'm trying to find out what is causing this issue and I've narrowed it down to these changes I've made before digitally signing the file:
(1) Resizing UserForm
(2) Changing RowSource Property of a Dropdown Control in an UserForm
(3) Changing the Caption Property of an UserForm
(4) Adding the code "Calculate" in my VBA Macros

I've also discovered some very weird behavior regarding UserForms
(a) Viewing the UserForm's interface in the VBA editor [either clicking View Object or just double-clicking the UserForm] automatically forces you to discard the Digital Signature upon saving even though no changes were made
(b) Somehow the UserForm keeps resizing on its own randomly and without warning, requiring me to manually adjust it via the VBA Editor

My own's guess is that by opening the .xlsm Excel file, the UserForm somehow got edited, causing Excel to conclude that I've modified a signed project while I have done nothing.

Anybody can help point me in the right direction, and possibly explain this error? Thanks a lot!

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ghennedy

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back