Google Sheets - Date Filter

Literae

Hello,

I have a table of data with dates in Column A (starting at Row 3) and Tasks in Column B (starting at Row 3). I would like the table to filter based on the date in B1 so that it only shows the rows that match this cell. For example if its 02/06/2024 it will only show rows that contain 02/06/2024 and the corresponding data in Column B. If have tried filter conditions etc, but I just cant seem to work it. I have to admit I did try some AI work arounds, but I couldnt get a working result. I think its back to the drawing board and asking my fellow humans if they could solve it. It is probably really easy so maybe I confused the AI or didnt google it correctly.

I dont want to create a fresh list in D2 or something with the filtered results. I want this current table to filter so when I open up the tab, B1's date will change daily (via =today() formula) and the rows displayed will only show what tasks I have to do that day. Does that make sense? Below for reference.

Column A Column B

01/06/2024 Perform routine maintenance checks on equipment and address any issues promptly.
01/06/2024 Monitor housekeeping standards and ensure cleanliness and organisation throughout the premises.
01/06/2024 Keep workstations clear of obstructions.
01/06/2024 Ensure all walkways and workstations are free from trip/slip hazards.
01/06/2024 Check all floor surfaces for any signs of damage or hazards.
01/06/2024 Verify adequate lighting throughout the premises.
02/06/2024 Perform routine maintenance checks on equipment and address any issues promptly.
02/06/2024 Monitor housekeeping standards and ensure cleanliness and organisation throughout the premises.
02/06/2024 Keep workstations clear of obstructions.
02/06/2024 Ensure all walkways and workstations are free from trip/slip hazards.
02/06/2024 Check all floor surfaces for any signs of damage or hazards.
02/06/2024 Verify adequate lighting throughout the premises.

Thanks for your help in advance! :D

Excel Facts

Who is Mr Spreadsheet?
Author John Walkenbach was Mr Spreadsheet until his retirement in June 2019.
You'd need a script for that, and this may not be the best place to ask for that as scripts in Sheets are unlike Excel.

Is there a particular reason you don't want to use a separate range for the results? It would be a lot simpler.

Upvote 0
No worries. I did try to scripts I read about, but I dont understand scripts so I didnt want to use something I didnt know how to edit and adjust etc.

Thanks anyway.

Upvote 0
A reminder:

Cross-posting (posting the same question in more than one forum) is not against our rules, but the method of doing so is covered by #13 of the Forum Rules.

Be sure to follow & read the link at the end of the rule too!

Cross posted at:

There is no need to repeat the link(s) provided above but if you have posted the question at other places, please provide links to those as well.

If you do cross-post in the future and also provide links, then there shouldn’t be a problem.

Upvote 0
You'd need a script for that, and this may not be the best place to ask for that as scripts in Sheets are unlike Excel.

Is there a particular reason you don't want to use a separate range for the results? It would be a lot simpler.
I wanted to still be able to interact with the list instead of just a "view only" of today's tasks etc. I have another sheet that looks for "True" or "False" in column C and if I am not manually ticking the box, then it wont update so I may aswell manually filter and use the list. The filtered list will just pull through FALSE as I havent ticked the box in the original data.

Thank you for your input anyway. Everywhere I have looked is suggesting scripts. Guess ill just do it manually. Its only 1 extra step :D

Upvote 0
A reminder:

Cross-posting (posting the same question in more than one forum) is not against our rules, but the method of doing so is covered by #13 of the Forum Rules.

Be sure to follow & read the link at the end of the rule too!

Cross posted at:

There is no need to repeat the link(s) provided above but if you have posted the question at other places, please provide links to those as well.

If you do cross-post in the future and also provide links, then there shouldn’t be a problem.
Apologies, as it wasnt an Excel problem I thought maybe the googlers used certain sites instead of both. Will update in future :D

Upvote 0
If you have an actual solution (other than just doing it manually ;)), can you share it here in case it benefits others?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
choy96

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back