Help Needed for a Macro to Transpose

Valvictor

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,
I need help with a macro that transposes the information from tab “details” into another tab call “results”. I need in the tab results to Create as many rows per Activity (1-14) as the numbers in the table details in this case 6 columns numbers. These are 4 digits numbers such 2423 in the picture attached (Details Tab) below. This could vary depending on the situation. Then transpose corresponding numbers, durations, costs, and start and end dates from the details tab picture attached below:

The macro will output the “results” tab with columns: Activity, Numbers, Duration, Cost, Start date, End Date, and Type. The Type column will output a “text”, which is the same for all activities. Each row activity will have the corresponding start and end date described in the details tab repeated as many times as the numbers. Picture attached for the results tab and the details tab containing the information to transpose.

Thank you for your help,
Val

Attachments

• Details Tab.png
    Details Tab.png
    140.9 KB · Views: 7
  • Results tab with picture.png
    Results tab with picture.png
    216.3 KB · Views: 7

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.
1. Your pictures are to small to determine what is happening. Cannot read them.
2. We cannot manipulate data in pictures
3. Please reload your sample data to this forum using XL2BB
4. See this link on how to use XL2BB XL2BB - Excel Range to BBCode

Upvote 0
Hello,
I need help with a macro that transposes the information from tab “details” into another tab call “results”. I need in the tab results to Create as many rows per Activity (1-14) as the numbers in the table details in this case 6 columns numbers. These are 4 digits numbers such 2423 in the picture attached (Details Tab) below. This could vary depending on the situation. Then transpose corresponding numbers, durations, costs, and start and end dates from the details tab picture attached below:

The macro will output the “results” tab with columns: Activity, Numbers, Duration, Cost, Start date, End Date, and Type. The Type column will output a “text”, which is the same for all activities. Each row activity will have the corresponding start and end date described in the details tab repeated as many times as the numbers. Picture attached for the results tab and the details tab containing the information to transpose.

Thank you for your help,
Val
Hello, this is the detail tab containing the information to transpose into the Results tab

1709664614665.png

The "Results" tab will be :

1709664891014.png

Upvote 0
Still cannot manipulate data in a picture. Since you have not loaded via XL2BB, I am not going to demonstrate, but will suggest you use Power Query to Unpivot your data.

Upvote 0
I am sorry. I saw other examples in the forum, and they all look like this.

Upvote 0
That may be true, but I probably did not respond to those either. Good Luck. Maybe someone else will come by and be willing to deal with pictures.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back