Importing Data From Multiple URL, How do I speed up my query?

silvanus3805

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a Table With URL's that I need power query to load table form each webpage and combine it as one

The problem is , my query takes long to load the data, I tried Table.buffer but it doesn't seem to speed it up any better, How do I Edit My Code to be efficient?

1st Table Named "Engine"

Column1Column2
*Special Bets*
Argentina Liga Profesional Argentina
Argentina Prim C Metro
Argentina Prim D Metro
Argentina Primera Nacional
Argentina Reserve League
Armenia Premier League

here is the code that extracts from the table and makes it as one but loads very slow

let
Source = Excel.CurrentWorkbook(){[Name="Engine"]}[Content],
tbl = Table.Buffer(Table.AddColumn(Source, "Tables",each Web.Page(Web.Contents(_[Column1])){0}[Data])),
#"Removed Errors" = Table.RemoveRowsWithErrors(tbl, {"Tables"}),
#"Expanded Tables" = Table.ExpandTableColumn(#"Removed Errors", "Tables", {"Kind", "Name", "Children", "Text", "Code", "Match/Offer Type", "Home", "Draw", "Away", "Kickoff", "Return to Leagues"}, {"Data.Kind", "Data.Name", "Data.Children", "Data.Text", "Data.Code", "Data.Match/Offer Type", "Data.Home", "Data.Draw", "Data.Away", "Data.Kickoff", "Data.Return to Leagues"}),
#"Removed Other Columns" = Table.SelectColumns(#"Expanded Tables",{"Column2", "Data.Match/Offer Type", "Data.Home", "Data.Draw", "Data.Away", "Data.Kickoff"}),
#"Filtered Rows" = Table.SelectRows(#"Removed Other Columns", each ([Data.Kickoff] <> null)),
#"Renamed Columns" = Table.RenameColumns(#"Filtered Rows",{{"Column2", "Custom"}}),
#"Split Column by Delimiter" = Table.SplitColumn(#"Renamed Columns", "Data.Kickoff", Splitter.SplitTextByDelimiter("/", QuoteStyle.Csv), {"Data.Kickoff.1", "Data.Kickoff.2", "Data.Kickoff.3"}),
#"Merged Columns" = Table.CombineColumns(Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Split Column by Delimiter", {{"Data.Kickoff.2", type text}, {"Data.Kickoff.1", type text}}, "en-US"),{"Data.Kickoff.2", "Data.Kickoff.1", "Data.Kickoff.3"},Combiner.CombineTextByDelimiter("/", QuoteStyle.None),"Data.Kickoff"),
#"Replaced Value" = Table.ReplaceValue(#"Merged Columns","-"," - ",Replacer.ReplaceText,{"Data.Match/Offer Type"}),
#"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Replaced Value",{{"Data.Kickoff", type datetime}}),
#"Filtered Rows1" = Table.SelectRows(#"Changed Type", each Date.IsInCurrentDay([Data.Kickoff])),
#"Filtered Rows2" = Table.SelectRows(#"Filtered Rows1", each ([Data.Draw] <> "-"))
in
#"Filtered Rows2"

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
the speed is dependent on the speed the website will serve you the data. It could be throttled to prevent bots hitting the server with lots of requests, just like you are doing here.

Upvote 0
I think it will load all of the data into memory, so you need a lot of memory for multiple files. But if there are any steps that use the whole table, like buffer, you will run into issues. Using multiple sources has caused slowness for me in the past. It might not be the best tool for the job.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AGreen17

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back