Importing data matching named range

Diogenes

Hi everyone out there in Excel help land.

After a hard day trying and failing to get some-where with some VBA code I was hoping for some advice.

My VBA coding ability is intermediate at best and in a previous life I used to get by simply walking across the office to troubleshoot with some VBA super-users.

Unfortunately I don't have access to these wonderful people any more... so if anyone is willing to help me out I would appreciate it immensely!

This is all in Excel 2007.

I have previously built a sheet (with help) that does the following (and this is want I want to do again - unfortunately I don't have access to my previous working version).

Open master workbook, open data import workbook. Msg box asks if user wants to extract data from the import data workbook (specifically cells of data next to rows that match a named range in the master workbook).

There are two named ranges in the master workbook that could be used to identify the data one is a list of digits whilst the other is a text description.

The import data workbook has only one sheet - whilst the master workbook has many sheets.

The copied data ends up in an "import sheet" in the master workbook from which a bunch of other stuff happens.

I am currently at home so I don't have access to the current version of the code but I can post tomorrow if necessary.

Currently the error I am receiving is "Select Method of Range Class failed" - is this problem likely with the master workbook named range or is it more likely to be matching the data in the import sheet to the master?

Many thanks in advance to anyone that is able and willing to help with what I am sure is actually something quite straight forward! :)

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.
Hi all - I have managed to resolve myself - I'm not sure of forum etiquette whether I post the code or close the post somehow? Until next time! Cheers

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sweetkt327

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back