Link data source in access 2010

Pookiemeister

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
I was watching a video by D. Pineault on how to link data to external source. So I backed up my original dB to an external drive, just in case, and copied that same file to my desktop and renamed it with the same name followed by BackEnd, I'm not sure what version of Access he was running. So I finally figured out how to get to the "Get External Data" in my version of Access. So in his video he selects the file location with the browse button and then clicks on the "Link to the data source by creating a linked table" radio button. However when I try to locate the file name with the browse button, I don't see my Access files and it also asks me what I assume is the file type "dBase III" or "dBase 5" or "dBase IV". I tried all three to locate my files but none these options work.
The ultimate goal is to create a single form on the front end and everything else on the backend. Thank you.

Excel Facts

How to fill five years of quarters?
Type 1Q-2023 in a cell. Grab the fill handle and drag down or right. After 4Q-2023, Excel will jump to 1Q-2024. Dash can be any character.
You're able to run Access 365 and 2010? Or is your profile info just confusing me?
You chose External Data tab, New Data Source > From Database > Access? Seems like you chose dBase files instead of Access. dBase is another app - it doesn't mean it's an Access database file.

EDIT - this back end file will only have tables in it, right?

Upvote 0
You're able to run Access 365 and 2010?
I'm running 2010 at home and 365 at work. I am writing everything at home and using it at work. So far everything I have written has worked at work. Yes the backend will only have tables in it?

Upvote 0
I'm running 2010 at home and 365 at work. I am writing everything at home and using it at work. So far everything I have written has worked at work. Yes the backend will only have tables in it?
Do you still have the correct extension on that new file?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thnirmitha

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back