lookup functions errors

rcocrane99

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello everyone, I've been stuck working on some data these last few days and I need to find a way to extract 2 pieces of data per "production day". My company currently operates from about 7 am to 1 am and I need to get a precise "Start" and "Shutdown" time (see row 5 and 6) to then get a "run time". The sample set continues and we will just keep adding as we go so I need something that will kind of just update on another sheet over time.
1715644435537.png

I've tried, nested xlookups, minifs and maxifs and index match but I couldn't really understand it so if anyone has a creative solution have a wack at it.
Would like to have all of the data here eventually:
1715644575247.png

Use the empty string "" instead of 0 to "hide".

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.
Your equation is: =MINIFS('GaSX Runsheets'!$6:$6,'GaSX Runsheets'!$6:$6,">"&B5)
adding my stuff : '=IF(B6=0,0,IF(INT(MINIFS('GaSX Runsheets'!$6:$6,'GaSX Runsheets'!$6:$6,">"&B6))=A7,MINIFS('GaSX Runsheets'!$6:$6,'GaSX Runsheets'!$6:$6,">"&B6),0))
but then change it to: '=IF(B6="",0,IF(INT(MINIFS('GaSX Runsheets'!$6:$6,'GaSX Runsheets'!$6:$6,">"&B6))=A7,MINIFS('GaSX Runsheets'!$6:$6,'GaSX Runsheets'!$6:$6,">"&B6),0))

Upvote 0
Other way around.
Excel Formula:
=IF(B6=0,"",IF(INT(MINIFS('GaSX Runsheets'!$6:$6,'GaSX Runsheets'!$6:$6,">"&B6))=A7,MINIFS('GaSX Runsheets'!$6:$6,'GaSX Runsheets'!$6:$6,">"&B6),0))
This will give your run-time column an error because it's trying to subtract a string. You also do =IFERROR(....,"").

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeanHT

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back