Macro to create a report file from several other source files

Elnino1981

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,
I'm relatively new to macros. I am trying to speed up a process by automating it saving me having to copy and paste manually lots of times. What I require is;

I have 10 sales offices and 5 different products. I currently update 5 separate spreadsheets (one for each product) each month and using pivot tables I have 10 tabs (one for each sales office) which I refresh to provide the monthly trend. Currently I then manually create 10 separate spreadsheets (one for each sales office) each of which contains 5 tabs of information (one for each of the pivot tables). I manually copy from the 5 product spreadsheets and paste into the 10 sales offices spreadsheets. Its the copying and pasting that takes the time and what I want to automate.

What I would like to do is;

Create a macro in each of my 5 product spreadsheets, that will take the 10 tabs and copy them into the 10 individual spreadsheets. As I go through each of the 5 product spreadsheets, the macro will then copy the data and paste into a new tab in the 10 sales office spreadsheets. So at the end of the 5th product I will then have 10 spreadsheets created, each containing 5 tabs showing the pivot table summary of each of the products. For eaxample for the Birmingham sales office the final spreadsheet would contain 5 tabs of information (Product A, B,C,D,E) I would need each tab to be named as to what product they are to make the report clear.

As I will do this every month, I think I need the macro to look up the name of the saved 10 sales office files in a cell reference rather than me hard coding it in a macro, as each month the 10 sales office spreadsheets will have a new period number. For example Birmingham sales office - Jan22 then the next month would be Birmingham sales office - Feb22. I want to keep each month's report as a record.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Cheers
Ed

Excel Facts

Did you know Excel offers Filter by Selection?
Add the AutoFilter icon to the Quick Access Toolbar. Select a cell containing Apple, click AutoFilter, and you will get all rows with Apple

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgharbawi

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back