Multiple Vlookups in one

Austin R

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Web
Hello.

I have a sheet that has a master list of all the item employees in my company have signed out, I am making a sheet to pull that information in based off a search of an employee. Not all employees have the same equipment signed out so some of the cells are blank.

Here is what the sheet of data looks like.
Screenshot 2023-05-14 173800.png

And here is what the search sheet looks like.
Capture.PNG

In H7 I currently have =IF(ISBLANK(VLOOKUP(A7,Sheet2!A:G,3,FALSE)),"BLANK",VLOOKUP(A7,Sheet2!A:G,3,FALSE))

What I am trying to do is if the cell that it is looking up is blank or not, if it is not blank I want the "Serial Number" to transfer over, and if it is blank I want to search the next cell and basically repeat the process. The problem I am running into is whenever I replace the value_if_true portion ("Blank") with another IF(ISBLANK(VLOOKUP) formula everything stops working.

Thank you all in advance for your help!

This is not the exact information I am working with. The real sheet is on my work computer, I am just trying to find the solution before I go back in.

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.
Hi Austin,
Vlookup will return a value or an NA. If the search data is found it will return the value in the cell you've reference, if the cell is blank it will return a 0 and isblank() will be false. So in your IF look for 0 or perhaps "" as an empty string, depends what's in your source data.
Can be handy to use the formula tab --> "evaluate formula" function for these types of issues. It steps through your formula and shows the values along each step of execution.

Upvote 0
Since you have Excel 365, you should look into XLOOLUP.

I would be easier on anyone helping you if you used XL2BB to show your sample sheet.

Upvote 0
Also, by the way, how do you want the results shown? All in 1 horizontal line across from the 22 or vertical?

Upvote 0
Also, by the way, how do you want the results shown? All in 1 horizontal line across from the 22 or vertical?
The results will be shown one item in each row. So row 7 would show the first result, row 8 would show the second result and so on.

Upvote 0
Hi Austin,
Vlookup will return a value or an NA. If the search data is found it will return the value in the cell you've reference, if the cell is blank it will return a 0 and isblank() will be false. So in your IF look for 0 or perhaps "" as an empty string, depends what's in your source data.
Can be handy to use the formula tab --> "evaluate formula" function for these types of issues. It steps through your formula and shows the values along each step of execution.
Thank you for your reply, I'll give this a shot.

Upvote 0
Book1
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZAAAB
2HAND RECEIPT / ANNEX NUMBER For use of this form, see DA PAM 710-2-1. The proponent agency is ODCSLOG.FROM:TO:HAND RECEIPT NUMBER
4FOR ANNEX / CR ONLYEND ITEM STOCK NUMBER END ITEM DESCRIPTION PUBLICATION NUMBER PUBLICATION DATE QUANTITY
6SEARCH ADMIN NUMBERSTOCK NUMBER a. ITEM DESCRIPTION b.* C.SEC d.UI e.QTY AUTH f.g. QUANTITY
722ABCDEF
8BLANK
32* WHEN USE AS A:
33HAND RECEIPT, enter Hand Receipt Annex Number
34HAND RECEIPT FOR QUARTERS FURNITURE, enter Condition Codes
35HAND RECEIPT ANNEX/COMPONENTS RECEIPT, enter Accounting Requirements Code (ARC) PAGE _________ OF ________ PAGES
Sheet1
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
H8H8=IF(ISBLANK(VLOOKUP(A7,Sheet2!A:G,3,FALSE)),"BLANK",VLOOKUP(A7,Sheet2!A:G,3,FALSE))

Book1
ABCDEFGH
1ADMIN NUMBERNAMECOMPUTRERPHONEPRINTERVEHICLETABLET
221DavisDell 2Samsung33Samsung1
322JackiPhone12HP47Tahoe
Sheet2

Upvote 0
Try this in H7:

Code:
=TRANSPOSE(FILTER(XLOOKUP(A7,Employees!A2:A11,Employees!C2:G11),0<>XLOOKUP(A7,Employees!A2:A11,Employees!C2:G11)))

Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sebas8956

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back