Open in App - Excel loses all its Data Validation

Mr Denove

We have recently migrated all our excel onto Sharepoint and have encountered a new issue. A workbook has been opened in App (desktop) and all the Data Validation that was in the previous version has disappeared. Not the dropdown arrow, but the actual Data Validation. When checked the Data Validation has reverted to Any instead of List with the associated dropdowns for each column. Ive exhausted all attempts to find out why. Has anyone had a similar experience and was able to resolve the issue? Thanks.

Excel Facts

Wildcard in VLOOKUP
Use =VLOOKUP("Apple*" to find apple, Apple, or applesauce
I'm not sure what the issue might be, but have a look at my last post in this thread:
A solution I offered fell victim to this same behavior. I found a work-around using VBA, but that isn't ideal. However, in my case, the formula was still present in Data Validation, but it wasn't being applied. So it somehow needed to be re-confirmed. In your case, you may want to investigate the string length in the DV Source field. Excel imposes, I believe, a 255-character limit, and if you've migrated to Sharepoint, is it conceivable that any references in the Source field would change (and become longer)?

Upvote 0
Thanks for the response but this is one of 4 workbooks that were built and contain similar data, data validations and formula. This is the only one currently with this issue.

Upvote 0
Interesting. So regarding the other workbooks that have no issues, they have data validation Source formulas or references that are similar to the problematic workbook?

Could you post an example of the DV Source fields for a workbook that has no problem and one that does? Feel free to replace any sensitive text with x's or gibberish, but preserve the string length and structure.

Upvote 0
They are the same unfortunately i cant post examples. The DV are set ranges exactly the same in all 4 workbooks. Everything is the same other than the new data being added which is inherent to that workbook. Stored the same way, same vba etc.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ebc9

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back