PBI Question : Showing single values

nikkifox

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have created a table visual which lists "Clients" from one dataset, the "Items" that are purchased by those clients from another dataset, and the "Value" of those items from another dataset.

Dataset "Clients to Items", "Items to Values" and "Clients to Values" are all "one to many" relationships.

The point of the table (which is currently displayed as a matrix), lists the clients with the items underneath and the values of those items.

The end goal is to identify the Clients that only buy one particular item. It doesn't matter which item, but that it's always the same, singular item.

I have applied a countdistinct filter to the items and this shows me count totals for the clients and the items they purchase, e.g. item1 = 2, item2 = 4 and item 3=1. So does give me the desired outcome, but I cannot filter on the total value = 1.

Ideally, I would then like to apply a slicer above the matrix table, whereby you could select the "Item" name and then the matrix below would show only those clients who have only ever purchased that item and not clients that have purchased many items, one of which was the item selected in the slicer.

Can anyone possibly help me with the DAX code or advice how to display this please? I am very new to PBI and DAX and am self teaching via youtube and google and not knowing exactly which function I require to apply is proving a bit difficult.

Thank you so much in advance.

Kind regard

Nikki

Excel Facts

What is the last column in Excel?
Excel columns run from A to Z, AA to AZ, AAA to XFD. The last column is XFD.
If this helps with a response, please see attached.

Three tables showing you the data I am using to create a table visual in powerbi.

Desired outcome lists Client Names, Items and Billed.

A slicer applied whereby I can choose an Item and the table visual updates to only show those clients who purchase one item, so in the example of the data below I would expect to see Client JKLM and RSTU for the item Payroll, EFGH for the item Tax and ZZZZ for the item Accounts and the value associated.

1701256118870.png

Upvote 0
Unfortunately, pictures of data don't really help us to help you, as we then have to retype everything. If you could post a link to a sample file (eg on OneDrive) or post some usable data using the XL2BB tool, it would make life easier?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mystic19

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back