Pivot Table and Pivot Chart questions

RogerPenna

So, I have this table where each row has data about a supplier's deliver, with a final "rating" for that delivery. A supplier may have multiple deliveries in a month, or none, of course.

The Pivot Table has the Y axis showing the suppliers names, the X axis shows months, which aggregate all the of ratings of deliveries in that month for that supplier.

Question 1: if I have no deliveries in a specific month, can I still show a month column in the pivot table with ratings of 0? It would make it easier to look the evolution of ratings of a supplier if I had ALL months in the Pivot Table, even months without an entry due to lack of deliveries. Or will I need to create an entry for that month in order to have it shown in the Pivot Table?

---------------------------------------

So I have the Pivot table as mentioned above. It shows data like I need, for most of it.

But I want a chart based on the Pivot table.

But the chart Excel creates is useless.

It shows the ratings on the Y axis. Fine.
But then, each line color is a different month, and the X axis are the suppliers.

Meaning a get a graph where each line is a single month and shows different ratings for suppliers, which I do not care at all, because I don´t want to compare suppliers (most supply unrelated products)

What I need is the historical ratings of the supplier.

Meaning I want each line to be a supplier, and the X axis should be months.

But when I change the Chart Fields it automatically also changes the Pivot Table, which WAS showing data in the format I want.

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
Hi Roger for yr second request you should select BAR instead COLUMN in Char types

17_change_chart_type_dialog.png

url

url

Cheers
Sergio

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gary_M

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back