Power BI publisher for excel

ruthhacche

Board Regular
This COM Add-In should load on start up. It creates a PowerBI ribbon that lets me connect to my BI dataset. I did it once and it worked fine but then excel lost it and has never been able to find it again (around the time when my Office was mistakenly taken back to 32 bit then reinstalled as 64bit ???). I have uninstalled and re-installed both publisher and office (many times). I have clicked the tick box in excel COM add ins a million times and closed and re-opened. The dll file exists. I currently have 64bit office and 64 bit publisher installed and repairing or reinstalling makes no difference. Searching online and other people have had a problem but they seem to cure it by ticking the COM add ins and reopening excel (that is doing diddly squat for me). So I seem to have broken something. Does anyone have any ideas where I am going wrong.

1587122795054.png

1587122994157.png

1587121963827.png

Attachments

• 1587122890552.png
    1587122890552.png
    11.6 KB · Views: 4

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)
maybe try
from Start: Run... and type there: %systemroot%\SysWoW64\regsvr32 <PATH TO YOUR DLL>
or run cmd as administrator and type there the same

Upvote 0
Hi Sandy - thank you for taking the time to answer. This did not seem to work either. We have now also uninstalled, cleaned out the registry and rebooted and reinstalled.. it just isn't working. SO back to our computer people and ask them to completely clean out my computer and try again. We have installed it on several other computers and it is working fine - it is just this machine - annoyingly.

Upvote 0
hard solution: format c:\ and reinstall all but this is the last resort :cool:

Upvote 0
I finally got someone else to do this - they did as you said Sandy and installed it via an administrative command prompt - worked for them so I presumably did it wrong. But that is clearly the answer. Thank you.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MoonDancer

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back