TycExcel

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Web
I have this code here that copies, and pastes from one sheet to another if the match is not found. However, I cant seem to get the row counter to reset to the top of the row. Once it is done looping through a row, it should reset to the second row (as the first row will be a header row). Furthermore, if the code finds a match on any of the new sheets it has to delete the existing entry, and replace it in the sheet that I am pasting to. I have my code below. Can someone please help? Thanks.

1652371781881.png

VBA Code:
Sub FindMissingProductsAndCopyThem1()
    Dim ws1 As Worksheet

Dim ws2 As Worksheet

'define which worksheet
    Set ws2 = ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("BOM")

Dim lRowSource As Long

Dim lRowDestination As Long

lRowDestination = ws2.Cells(ws2.Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).row 'find last row in column D

Dim FoundRow As Long

Dim iRow As Long

Dim iCol As Long

For Each ws1 In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets

If ws1.Name Like "Revision *" Then

lRowSource = ws1.Cells(ws1.Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).row 'find last row in column A
        lColumnSource = ws1.Cells(1, Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft).Column

For iCol = 1 To lColumnSource
                For iRow = 2 To lRowSource

FoundRow = 0 'initialize/reset

On Error Resume Next 'next line throws an error if not matched, catch that error
        'try to find/match the data of column A in column D
                    FoundRow = Application.WorksheetFunction.Match(ws2.Cells(iRow, iCol), ws1.Columns(iCol), 0)
                    On Error GoTo 0 're-activate error reporting

'if Match threw an error, then FoundRow is still 0

If FoundRow = 0 Then 'product was not found, so add it
                        c = Columns(iCol).Column
                        lRowDestination = lRowDestination + 1
                        ws2.Cells(lRowDestination, iCol).Value = ws1.Cells(iRow, iCol)

'If iCol = iCol - 1 Then
                            'lRowDestination = Cells(Rows.Count, c).End(xlUp).row

'End If

End If

Next iRow

Next iCol

End If

Next ws1

End Sub

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.
I find your question a bit confusing (and guessing that I am not alone, due to the lack of replies).

I think it would be more helpful to us if you show us a small sample of your data, and what you want the expected results of that data to look like (being sure to include all important details, like where this list we are looking for is also found and what it looks like).

MrExcel has a tool called “XL2BB” that lets you post samples of your data that will allow us to copy/paste it to our Excel spreadsheets, so we can work with the same copy of data that you are. Instructions on using this tool can be found here: XL2BB Add-in

Note that there is also a "Test Here” forum on this board. This is a place where you can test using this tool (or any other posting techniques that you want to test) before trying to use those tools in your actual posts.

Upvote 0
I find your question a bit confusing (and guessing that I am not alone, due to the lack of replies).

I think it would be more helpful to us if you show us a small sample of your data, and what you want the expected results of that data to look like (being sure to include all important details, like where this list we are looking for is also found and what it looks like).

MrExcel has a tool called “XL2BB” that lets you post samples of your data that will allow us to copy/paste it to our Excel spreadsheets, so we can work with the same copy of data that you are. Instructions on using this tool can be found here: XL2BB Add-in

Note that there is also a "Test Here” forum on this board. This is a place where you can test using this tool (or any other posting techniques that you want to test) before trying to use those tools in your actual posts.
Hi Joe,

Thanks for the response. I basically need a loop that that will go through each column and row on other sheets, and paste the values that are not found on the summary sheet to the summary sheet. If the value exists on the summary sheet, already, it needs to be overwritten with the latest data.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Healthydogs

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back