Tablet Apps that Import into Excel?

lanean

Hi all,

Does anyone know of any applications for tablets that would be able to transfer (automatically or on command) entered data into an Excel workbook (either a new document, or existing would work)? The simpler, the better! I work in manufacturing & our production recording is extremely behind in terms of technology -- the operators write down all production & part information on their forms, which their team lead then copies onto another form to condense the data for the area, then I receive that form to enter into the computer (into Excel, & separately into an AS400/ Vanguard application -- another headache entirely!).

I'm currently working closely with a team to reduce errors in reporting, & this is what I envision: the team leads have tablets with very simple user interfaces (with limited usage as just for the entering of production data). The team leads then are prompted within the application for the necessary values -- part number, run time, parts produced, scrap, etc. I imagine this prompting the values one at a time for ease of use (some leads are more tech-savvy than others). This data is then automatically entered into an excel spreadsheet which I am able to access from the office side. (It'd be sweet if it also went into AS400, but hey, a girl can dream! :p)

Is this a possibility? I am having a hard time finding anything online for this because it is such a specific need, so I was wondering if anyone here had any suggestions or ideas? Free or paid apps, iPad, google, windows, etc, I'll take any suggestions.

Thanks a lot!! :)

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HellScout

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back