Using an averageif function while using the results from an array calculation as the criteria range

StumpedGump1987

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2021
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello! I've got what I believe to be a pretty tricky one I could use some help on. 🙏

I'm using the following formula to find the distance between sets of longitude and latitude for properties. I'm comparing one property on row 2 of sheet 'For Sale 3.28.2023' to multiple properties in sheet 'Sold 6 months prior 3.2823' using the following formula:

={UNIQUE(IFERROR(2*ASIN(SQRT(POWER(SIN(('Sold 6 months prior 3.2823'!Z:Z-'For Sale 3.28.2023'!Z2)*PI()/180/2),2)+COS('Sold 6 months prior 3.2823'!Z:Z*PI()/180)*COS('Sold 6 months prior 3.2823'!Z:Z*PI()/180)*POWER(SIN(('Sold 6 months prior 3.2823'!AA:AA-'For Sale 3.28.2023'!AA2)*PI()/180/2),2)))*3959,""))}

This formula is successfully returning an array of distances from the original property in row 2 of my 'For Sale 3.28.2023' sheet from the range of properties in sheet 'Sold 6 months prior 3.2823'. I now want to show the average price per square ft (column P on the 'Sold 6 months prior 3.2823') of properties on sheet 'Sold 6 months prior 3.2823' that are under 25 miles from the property in row 2 of the 'For Sale 3.28.2023'. I want to have this single average in one cell which will be the same cell as the formula above, so I just want to adapt that formula if possible. How can I change the formula above to show that?

Can anyone help?! Sorry for the super complicated problem in advance.

Open to creative solutions!!

Excel Facts

What is the shortcut key for Format Selection?
Ctrl+1 (the number one) will open the Format dialog for whatever is selected.
can you share a sample of your sheet to get a look at what you are working with/at?
i'd suggest using xl:2bb plugin

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jesski

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back