Using TEXTJOIN to return multiple values to a cell. Want to add hyperlinks.

Paul_K

I have a formula to take multiple cells in a table column and display them in a single cell.

Excel Formula:
=TEXTJOIN(CHAR(10),TRUE,IF((RequestExtract[Severity]=$B2)*(RequestExtract[P]=F$7)*(RequestExtract[Resolution]={"New","Validated","In progress","Test failed"}), RequestExtract[ID], ""))

The code above joins all the values from RequestExtract[ID] that match the criteria and then puts them in a single cell (with each value on a new line as shown below.

1653391003696.png

The number returned forms part of a URL (www.example.com/RequestExtract[ID]) and I would like to add hyperlinks to the matrix above, allowing the user to click on a number and go to the correct web page.
I have tried using HYPERLINK, but I'm not sure where to put it in the code so each number returned is a unique hyperlink.

Excel Formula:
=HYPERLINK("https;//www.example.com/"&TEXTJOIN(CHAR(10),TRUE,IF((RequestExtract[Severity]=$B2)*(RequestExtract[P]=F$7)*(RequestExtract[Resolution]={"New","Validated","In progress","Test failed"}), RequestExtract[ID], "")), TEXTJOIN(CHAR(10),TRUE,IF((RequestExtract[Severity]=$B2)*(RequestExtract[P]=F$7)*(RequestExtract[Resolution]={"New","Validated","In progress","Test failed"}), RequestExtract[ID], "")))

Doesn't work, it returns a single hyperlink and concatinates all the RequestExtract[ID] to the end of the URL

Any help gratefully received, I'm new to using TEXTJOIN and not sure how to combine other functions.

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.
As far as I'm aware you can only have a single hyperlink in a cell.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MhammadishaqKhan

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back