What software does Bill use for recording videos for YouTube?

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
I've no idea, but I've tagged him, so hopefully he will let you know.

Mostly, I use Camtasia 2020 for the videos.

Sometimes, I use a hardware solution, the Black Magic ATEM Mini Pro ISO. With this device, you have a bunch of buttons to control the camera angle, picture in picture, and so on. It provides a higher quality camera, but in post-production you either (a) have less choices or (b) have to switch to an editing program where I am less familiar with the controls.

Short answer: Camtasia.

Thanks, that makes sense. I have been using Snagit for screen captures for 20+ years and they make good products.

I certainly can't answer for Mr. Excel. But I do know that a lot of content providers use a program called "OBS" for this purpose. It is open source and very powerful. But also a bit of a learning curve. It seems to be the most popular choice for both video recording and streaming.

And I also know this is an old thread but maybe some others will find this helpful.

And also, for extra credit, a program called Da Vinci Resolve is a popular choice for video editing. Again free and very powerful. And again, a fairly significant learning curve.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dazjlbb

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back