When a Task placed as Appointment, get Date of associated Appointment object

cptobvious

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Outlook allows you to place a task on to your calendar (drag to Calendar), and it will create an Appointment entry. When you open the Task, it appears to be linked to the calendar entry's date and time in the information alert section (see image). If you move the appointment to another time, the task will update the information alert showing when the appointment is, so it is a dynamic link; however, it doesn't adjust the Task object's Due Date. I've looked at the Conversation, EntryID properties of the Task and they don't seem to be the underlying key that links between the Appointment and the Task. The scenario I usually find myself in is when I need to change my scheduled time for a task, and I move the Appointment to another day. I've been trying to figure out what property/method Outlook 365 is using to link the Appointment and Task objects, so that I can use VBA to force the Due Date in the Task object to update to whatever the Appointment object's current Date field is. What property/method could I use to trace from a Task object, to it's linked Appointment, to get the Date of the Appointment?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Task sample.png
    Task sample.png
    5.8 KB · Views: 7

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Emilou

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back