Won't return last row on spreadsheet and I only want Call Item_Open to work if first condition If Application.CountA(y) = 1 is false

Nlhicks

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Sub FindRightCell()

Dim LineUpdate As Worksheet, Sheet2 As Worksheet
Dim x As Long
Dim y As Range, z As Range
Dim c As Range
Dim resp As VbMsgBoxResult
Dim ans As Variant

Set LineUpdate = Worksheets("Line Update")
Set Sheet2 = Worksheets("Sheet2")

With Sheet2.Range("A1")

If LineUpdate.Range("D5").Value <> "" Then .AutoFilter field:=10, Criteria1:="*" & LineUpdate.Range("D5") & "*"
If LineUpdate.Range("D6").Value <> "" Then .AutoFilter field:=11, Criteria1:="*" & LineUpdate.Range("D6") & "*"
If LineUpdate.Range("D7").Value <> "" Then .AutoFilter field:=12, Criteria1:=LineUpdate.Range("D7")

With Sheet2.UsedRange
For Each y In .Rows
If Application.CountA(y) = 1 Then

Worksheets("Line Update").Range("C11").Value = Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("B:B").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible)
Worksheets("Line Update").Range("C12").Value = Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("C:C").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible)
Worksheets("Line Update").Range("C13").Value = Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("D:D").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible)
Worksheets("Line Update").Range("C14").Value = Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("E:E").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible)
Worksheets("Line Update").Range("C15").Value = Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("F:F").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible)
Worksheets("Line Update").Range("C16").Value = Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("G:G").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible)
Worksheets("Line Update").Range("C17").Value = Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("H:H").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible)
Worksheets("Line Update").Range("C18").Value = Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("I:I").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).

GoTo NoTOBus
Exit For
ElseIf Application.CountA(y) <> 1 Then
GoTo TOBus
TOBus:
If LineUpdate.Range("H6").Value <> "" Then .AutoFilter field:=13, Criteria1:=LineUpdate.Range("H6")
Call Item_Open

Worksheets("Line Update").Range("C11").Value = Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("B2:B685").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible)
Worksheets("Line Update").Range("C12").Value = Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("C2:C685").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible)
Worksheets("Line Update").Range("C13").Value = Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("D2:D685").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible)
Worksheets("Line Update").Range("C14").Value = Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("E2:E685").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible)
Worksheets("Line Update").Range("C15").Value = Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("F2:F685").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible)
Worksheets("Line Update").Range("C16").Value = Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("G2:G685").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible)
Worksheets("Line Update").Range("C17").Value = Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("H2:H685").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible)
Worksheets("Line Update").Range("C18").Value = Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("I2:I685").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible)

Exit For
End If
Next
End With

NoTOBus:

End With
End Sub

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
Do you have some screenshots as well as the "Item_Open" macro?

Upvote 0
Sub Item_Open()

Dim sValue As String

sValue = Application.InputBox("Enter the TO: Bus Number here, Thank you.")
Worksheets("Line Update").Range("H6").Value = sValue

Debug.Print sValue

End Sub

Upvote 0
1667401285515.png

Upvote 0
Here is what I get back when I put in the bus number 659226 which lives in the last row of Sheet2 but for every other bus number and even every row with out a bus number I get the right data to populate but in this case, the filter happens like it should but my cells (C11:C18) do not populate the values from Sheet2 like the picture I sent above does.

1667401479113.png

Upvote 0
I think it is making me put the number in twice, once for the first condition and once for the second condition. I only want it to ask for the second condition. The first condition should process without needing a number input.

Upvote 0
The Application CountA(y) returns 14 for each line code that appears in the spreadsheet so I cannot use that to make my conditional logic work. Is there another way to count how many rows of filtered data there are? When I put in Rowz = rnData.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Rows.Count and then Debug.Print Rowz and there are 4 rows showing it is only printing a 1. I think I am telling it to only print a one based on the criteria but it should be printing a 4 right?

Sub FindRightCell()

Dim LineUpdate As Worksheet, Sheet2 As Worksheet
Dim x As Long
Dim y As Range, z As Range
Dim c As Range
Dim resp As VbMsgBoxResult
Dim ans As Variant
Dim rnData As Range

Set LineUpdate = Worksheets("Line Update")
Set Sheet2 = Worksheets("Sheet2")
Set rnData = Sheet2.UsedRange

With rnData

If LineUpdate.Range("D5").Value <> "" Then .AutoFilter field:=10, Criteria1:="*" & LineUpdate.Range("D5") & "*"
If LineUpdate.Range("D6").Value <> "" Then .AutoFilter field:=11, Criteria1:="*" & LineUpdate.Range("D6") & "*"
If LineUpdate.Range("D7").Value <> "" Then .AutoFilter field:=12, Criteria1:=LineUpdate.Range("D7")

Rowz = rnData.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Rows.Count
Debug.Print Rowz

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peter Juhnke

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back