Worksheet datatable won't scroll

pecoemla

I'm totally confused. I have a datatable with data from 2010 and 2011. The worksheet will not scroll at all. It looks like it is scrolling at the side where the scroll bar is but the worksheet does not move. I can move the tab up or down but the page/worksheet doesn't move at all. If I activate the filter and select only the year 2011 in the drop down box for the Date column, it scrolls fine. But if I check "All Dates" or just "2010" from the drop down box on the Date column the page/worksheet will not scroll. I can select a certain month from the drop down box for 2010 and it will show the data (about 25 rows) but I cannot scroll. When I have just 2011 selected from the filter it all works fine. I'm not real swift with Excel. It was working fine until today. I don't have a clue what I did to cause this. Help!

Excel Facts

Square and cube roots
The =SQRT(25) is a square root. For a cube root, use =125^(1/3). For a fourth root, use =625^(1/4).
Hi,

Welcome to MrExcel.

I can't answer you questions as I've not experienced what you are describing, but, do you have a "Freeze Frame" on your sheet?
Click between the 1 & A in the top left corner of your sheet, copy and paste your data to a new worksheet and see if you have the same problem.

Sorry that I couldn't be more helpful.

Ak

Upvote 0
Thanks for the "Unfreeze Panes" suggestion. I was also having the same problem and that solved it. Now to figure out how I unintentionally froze the panes...

Upvote 0
Thanks for the "Unfreeze Panes" suggestion. I was also having the same problem and that solved it. Now to figure out how I unintentionally froze the panes...

Thanks, I just had this happen for the first time in 10 years of using Excel. I thought I had frozen the top row of headers but found I hadn't on a duplicate sheet... I think I had clicked Freeze Panes with the top left cell A1 selected and that's what froze the sheet. Thanks again for this thread, I would have been pulling my hair out trying to fix it! :mad:

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anniewonder

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back