Quick navigation

momo0007

Hi,

I've seen spreadsheets before that when a user clicks on a cell that has a link to another worksheet (or even another workbook) [eg "=Sheet2!A1"], Excel will automatically jump to that cell. From memory this was not done through hyperlink.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks.

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
Sure. See Excel help for "formula auditing".

There is a toolbar for "formula auditing", though it has a different names in different versions of Excel. If you haven't got the toolbar showing you can bring it up by right clicking from an existing toolbar, including the menu bar, and then selecting the "formula auditing", or different name in earlier version, toolbar. Or, you can go via menu path view, toolbars, then formula auditing.

Select precedents and if the inputs are from off the worksheet double click in the details that come up in the GoTo box.

regards, Fazza

Upvote 0
If you do not allow "edit directly in cell" (in Tools|Options|Edit) then you get some of this functionality simply by double-clicking the cell with the formula.

I don't actually know the "rules" about this, but my experience goes something like this:

a) If the formula just links to cells on the current sheet, the precedent cells should all get selected.

b) If the formula links only to cells on another sheet, then I think the double-click takes you to the first of those "other sheet" cells used in the formula.

c) If the formula contains links to cells on the current and other sheet(s) then I think the double-click will perform
either a) or b) depending on what type of link the first one in the formula is.

Is this behaviour documented formally somewhere?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beginner52

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back