Enabling Macros

tphillips

Board Regular
My excel file is on a shared drive and has macros. If the user does not select "enable macros" when he opens the file, I want a message box to pop-up saying "You must click enable macroe for this file to work properly, close this file and re-open". Is this possible, or is there a better way of making sure the users clicks enable macros?

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.
The code to do this will also be removed, so a work-around is to set an event to select a common cell each time the application is saved and closed and for you to to save the workbook with that cell location saved.

Then for that cell use: Data - Validation - InPut Message to add an opening comment for the user. This way you can warn the user even if the macros are disabled!

I use:
"Excel does no actual virus checking it uses psudo-virus checking. Any found code if flaged as "possibly" containing a virus. To run this application you must enable macros! Exit and re-open this application!"

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Enero1

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back