Copy Excel data to web page

marktimm22

:rolleyes: Excel 2003, Windows XP:

I have 10 columns of address information in Excel. I need to copy the contacts of the columns into a web page that I have no control over. (I can not change the page) In other words, I am filling out a web form with the contents of row 2, hitting accept, then filling out the web page with row 3, etc...

Can this be done with Excel, or do I need to get another product/device?

Thanks!!!

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.
It goes from .UserName.Value = "marktimm22" to the error sub. Also, the web site I am entering data into in a https. Does that matter?

Upvote 0
No, don't think so. Are you sure that's the correct field name? There's no default, it depends out the developer built the site eh.

Upvote 0
Hey, Mark,

you can definitely do it in excel:)

Do you have access to the backoffice database the website is running on? You could plug in the values directly into it bypassing the html stuff alltogether. Nimrod had some nice code for SQL here.

https should not present any problem, could you please use the HTML maker for the forum and quote the html response code to have a look as where the values should be put and sent to the server?

Upvote 0
:oops: <-- Love this guy..

This is what I am trying to do... I am logging on to the fedEx web site, which I have no control of. After I log in, I have to enter about ten fields of data from an Excel sheet to populate the address and claim information fields. Currently, I am doing a cut/paste. I need to do this several hundred times. Since I don't have access to change the web site code, I just wanted to see if I could automate the copy/paste process. I might be able to do this with a hardware device, like a Symbol OmniLink. Any help is GREATLY appreciated. Mark

P.S. adding to my wish list, I would also like to have some of the drop downs auto selected but I can do them manually.

Upvote 0
This is some code I found but it gets stuck on the last while-wend. I thought this might be a good start but it doesn't even work.

Sub LoginMe()

Dim appIE As Object

Set appIE = CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application")
appIE.Visible = True

While appIE.busy
DoEvents
Wend

appIE.navigate "https://access.leggmason.com/"

While appIE.ReadyState <> READYSTATE_COMPLETE
DoEvents
Wend

SendKeys "excel", True
SendKeys "{TAB}", True
SendKeys "hello", True
SendKeys "{ENTER}", True

End Sub

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arm56

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back