Addins

brettvba

MrExcel MVP
I have an addin that I have made question is how do you integrate the addin with the excel sheet, I can load the addin fine but do I now have to reference each macro by this?

Application.Run "SDCode.xla!Auto_Open" , I haven't had to much experience with addins but thought It might be a way to correct my problem, also does anyone have any faq files on addins?

Brett

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.
I think this will work if you place you addin in the XLSart folder, seach for it if you cant find it. I believ if it is placed in there then it is referenced and accessed everytime you open Excel.

Upvote 0
After creating your add-in as an excel workbook, you then save in as an add-in file.
File > Save As > then select addin (xla) as the file type. You can save it in any folder but its better to save it in the Add-ins folder (somewhere in Program filesoffice.. please search).

Then you register your add-in with excel as follows:
Tools > Add-Ins > then check your add in in the list. If you don't see it, you can browse for it and locate it.

After registering your addin, all functions and procedures will be available to excel just as if they were part of the current file.

Upvote 0
No I mean I have the code for a program that I have created and I wanted to know if i had to use application.run or whether I could just link the files together.

Brett

Upvote 0
On 2002-08-22 02:40, brettvba wrote:
No I mean I have the code for a program that I have created and I wanted to know if i had to use application.run or whether I could just link the files together.

Brett

Brett, I guess the 1st Q is what does your addin do. Addins just add extra functionality to your Application. What are you intending this Addin to do ?
Typically, an addin will provide access to it's extended functions via a UI eg commandbar or formula function.

Upvote 0
OK, well I have striped the code out of an application that I have made and made the code into an addin, as I have found since I want to share the workbook that some code works fine off share mode and doesn't work at all on share mode, right about now Im wishing I had access to a more sutiable program for my task, I was even continplating using a web page locally over our network, ok ok so I have firstly started with the addin to see if that changes anything it also means I can change the code without having to unshare the book all the time.

Brett

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent Khandagale

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back